Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Starting to see the light!

I am starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel, although I am scared to get my hopes up too high. I just got news that all the girls have their passports in hand! They are going for their medical appointments on Friday. Every child must be seen by a US approved doctor prior to receiving a visa. In my experience these are rubber stamp medicals, so I am not expecting any surprises. (Please, please God.) Medical forms should be completed sometime next week. The same day that GLA picks up the medical reports, they submit the girls' information to the US Consulate for a visa. The visas are taking anywhere from 1 day to 3 weeks to be issued. We will hit Thanksgiving in there, but by my count we should still have them home for Christmas.

One of the women who run the Toddler House e-mailed me today and told me that Chalinda (11) had gone to sign for her passport on Friday. Chalinda was all smiles as she knows the end is near. The nannies, however, broke down crying when they realized that she will be leaving soon. She is a neat kid and she helps out a lot around the Toddler House. They are really going to miss her. It is just so humbling to know that these special women love the children they care for so much. Their hearts break everytime one of them leaves, even though they know it is for the best.

Thanks for all your thoughts and prayers. They are very much appreciated.

1 comment:

God's Child said...

Yay!!! I am so excited for you all Maureen!!!! I'll be praying!