
He is alive, and His Spirit lives within us! There was much much joy this weekend as we celebrated Christ’s victory over death and the sacrifice He made for each one of us. Toddler House had only a few moments over the whole weekend that a RaRa wasn’t within hearing distance. On the evening of Good Friday one containing many of our neighbours came and performed on the roof of our neighbours heads high enough above our wall that all the kids could see them. I was saddened to see so many peoeple we know involved and tried to imagine what it would be like to live my life in fear of irrational evils and impending doom, instead of in the freedom and joy that I have knowing my Lord and Savoir is King of Kings and Lord of Lords, and has conquered even death that I might live! The groups were not so close to our house nor did they perform as often last year and I was curious how this year’s immediate presence would effect our kids, whom openly “boooed” them. But instead of making them fearful and causing them to hide out inside the house they just stared at them... given the opportunity a short time later to sing praises to Jesus they sang as I have never heard before!! Their voices strong and clear one came up with the idea to sing louder than the RaRa’s everyone else agreed it was the best plan. They sang on and on and I don’t know that they would have stopped had bedtime not been rapidly approaching.


Odeleine, one of our 9 year old girls, wrote this about Easter in her journal:
Jesus at Easter Time
The man said show me Jesus and I will give you money. They want Jesus to die. On Friday they put Jesus on the cross with two other people. The boy ran with the nails. After three days Jesus rose again. We talk about Jesus at church. Jesus rose again. Mary cried for Jesus. Jesus died for everybody. Ermithe (her 7 year old friend) cried for Jesus. She did not want Jesus to die. The RaRa was happy because Jesus died. Jesus prayed before he went to the sky. Jesus said, “Let the little children come to me.” Jesus like walking with little kids.


No comments:
Post a Comment