Friday, April 24, 2009

March Update

The next batch of gifts from our family had arrived just before our update. And this is what one of the volunteers wrote:


Neissa had her page of stickers out in the yard one morning and was very excitedly showing them to me. She was asking the name of the little man, and kept repeating “Leprechaun” after I would tell her. I asked her if there was also a letter (let), but she misunderstood my imperfect Creole and thought I was saying they were ugly (led). Neissa kept insisting that, no, it was “bel”! I thought it was sweet and gave up asking my question and agreed that, yes, her gifts were very nice.


Chalinda continues to mother those younger than her and play with her peers. She can definitely be competitive in her games, however. The other day several of the oldest kids started jumping off the short platform, trying to see who could jump the longest. Pretty soon we were using a piece of chalk to mark how far each child was able to jump. Chalinda was disappointed when she did not have the farthest mark (she was second only to one of the girls older than her), and kept trying to rub the mark off so it could not be seen anymore.


Sonise did celebrate her birthday this month. Sonise attended our March birthday party, although she was rather embarrassed about it. I think she thought it was a party for the little kids, and she did stay apart somewhat. However, Sonise did have fun playing balloon games with Peterson and one of the volunteers. They were playing keep-away, and Sonise was really getting into that.

No comments: