Honestly, sometimes I feel like we are taking one step forward and two steps back in this adoption journey. There were 11 dossiers that came out of Parquet over the Thanksgiving weekend. I was hoping and praying that one of them was ours, but no.
Then I was informed that Parquet has been rejecting dossiers that do not meet the requirements of the new law which was only recently passed. Apparently there was to be no grandfathering people in! Of course, under the old law, you could have no more than 3 biological children but as many adopted children as you wanted, they didn't count! The new law states that you can have no more than 2 children, adopted or otherwise. Our dossier hasn't been kicked out yet... which unbelievably may not be a blessing because the two courts met and agreed that there would be a grace period for all dossiers in through Janaury 7, 2009. Any dossiers that had been rejected would be sent in bulk to get a PRESIDENTIAL DISPENSATION! Our dossier hasn't been rejected yet so ours will not be in the first bulk of dossiers sent for dispensation.
Then in a second e-mail I was informed that Haiti has added one more step to the adoption procees. Another Minister will need to stamp our paperwork after the courts and Minister of the Interior approve our adoption. This new step is expected to add another 2-4 weeks to the process.
I am not one given to crying but I feel like I could seriously lose it right about now! Please keep us in your prayers.
Monday, December 1, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment